key bushings

Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:56:56 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan Kline" <sckline@attbi.com>
To: "College and University Technicians" <caut@ptg.org>
Sent: December 18, 2002 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: key bushings

> At 09:44 AM 12/17/2002 -0800, you wrote:
> >I don't have any of the plastic key bushings....
> >

> >I do. Want some?
> >
> >Del
>
> This gave me pause. I have the center pin shields
> and the tuning pin sleeves, and those balance rail
> hole inserts with the little drill bit to make
> room for them.

Got some of those, too. Same box.

> Why?

Somebody was too lazy to repin.

Problem was that there were no clear symptoms. The pin worked its way out
but the action parts -- usually upright hammer butt flanges -- didn't feel
overly loose. Obvious solution? Hold the pin in place.

> Time has moved on. If I find loose pins I use CA
> glue these days. So why are those sleeves still in
> my stringing case?

Don't know. You need a BOX!

Del