getting punch(y)ings

Ron Torrella rontorrella@yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 10:47 MST 2002

How about those rubber fingertip covers that bank tellers use to count
money?
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-caut@ptg.org [mailto:owner-caut@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Wimblees@aol.com
  Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 12:07 PM
  To: Pianotech@ptg.org; caut@ptg.org
  Subject: getting punch(y)ings

  Over the years I have tried a number of different ways of holding
punchings while leveling keys. I keep them in a compartment box, (you know,
the kind with about 24 1" share cubicles). But to get one out has always
been a challenge.  When I reach my fingers in the cubicle, I wind up picking
up three or four of them. The thick punching aren't too bad, but those thin
ones are a struggle. I've put them in the palm of my hand, and I've laid
them on a flat surface. But I still have difficulty picking up just one
punching, unless I wet my finger. And when you're leveling keys, your
fingers have a tendency to get dirty, so that isn't too sanitary.

  So, what are some of you doing? Any tricks any one is willing to pass
along to make leveling keys easier and more sanitary.

  Wim