Fwd: [Experts] lighter action in same model pianos

Thu, 07 Aug 2003 23:11:32 +0200

Very usual are damper spring strength, how soon the dampers engage, and
even jack return springs. Hammer butt springs can get into the picture
slightly, friction of course. Outside of that you are going to have to
look at key weighting and leverage... tho Yamaha should be pretty
consistant on those points from piano to piano.

You might also check to see (as a long shot) if for some reason the
upper action mounts are screwed in equally on both instruments. Not
likely... but you never know.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne