finger gunk poll :(

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 07:32:17 -0600

	I'll add a couple things to what others have offered:
1) I use a cabinet scraper, that rectangular piece of metal with sharp 90
degree edges (honed with a nice burr, if you are a real good woodworker),
both for sides of sharps and naturals (Obviously with keys out of piano).
2) TO remove the residue not taken by the scraper, on the sharps, steam is
great for melting the gunk as a preparation. THen wipe off with a moist,
somewhat soaped paper towel. Fast.
3) Buff sharps with extrafine wool when dry. I love the feel of ebony when
it is clean and buffed!
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico