filling Dampp-Chasers

Alan McCoy amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:34:26 -0700

> Using the parameters you've given of A438 to A442, if a piano should
> fall within that area, then I would do a single tuning pass, thereby
> floating the pitch would be accomplished.

Keith,

I probably wasn't clear the first time. It sounds like we are pretty much on
the same page. Like if the pitch is more or less averaging 441, I'll tune
the whole piano there assuming that it is the wet season. Or, vice versa in
the dry season, I'll tune it on the flat side, but the max I'll float is
about 8c (sharp or flat depending on the season). So if the piano falls
outside the 8c region, I'll tune down to 442 or up to 438 assuming the pitch
will eventually float toward A-440 as the season changes. This what you are
thinking?

Alan