filling Dampp-Chasers

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:29:31 -0500

At 5:00 PM -0700 8/29/03, Otto Keyes wrote:
>... I do a quick run through the piano to check the pitch on various notes,
>running up & down a couple of times through the octaves (A,C,D#,F#), find an
>average and adjust to that. ...

Otto, Alan,

Along those same lines, I strip mute the entire piano, then read each
note using a previous recorded tuning record to make my decisions on
where to float, or not, or as you say, "find an average and adjust to
that".

Also, knowing your brand and models, and how they respond/react,
makes a huge difference in the decision making process!

Keith McGavern