emergency travel paper

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.CA
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:12:37 -0500

I've used the Avery 1-line corrector tape for years, and liked it just fine.

It is a roll of perhaps 3mm in width, pressure sensitive paper with a brown,
waxed backing paper like someone else has described.

The "backing" is thinner than the tape itself, and I've actually used it for
finnessing the odd furtive offender, when pushing the regular tape to the
very edge isn't enough.

The other day however, my assistant came back with 3M "Post-it" 1-line
corrector tape in a slick dispenser.

Though I tend to stick (no pun intended) with a product I like for a
lifetime, the "3M" may even be slightly thinner than the "Avery" and for
traveling purposes, "too thin" is the better problem to have.

Having to psyche myself up for this procedure as it is, (chanting
"travelling shanks is an enjoyable and rewarding task" over and over), why
diminish the joy by working with less than ideal materials?

Office-supply stores seem to be as plentiful as Starbuck's locations, so in
an emergency, my choice would be run to the store. "Post-it" products are
everywhere.

BTW, I am also looking forward to meeting my CAUT colleauges in Dallas. It
will be almost 5 years since I began here at B.U. and you've been a
tremendous help. I certainly appreciate the willingness and helpful attitude
of those participating on this list-serve.

Mark Cramer,
Brandon University