Update on Dallas PTG Convention

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:38:18 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Kent Swafford <kswafford@earthlink.net>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>; College Technicians
<caut@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 1:49 PM
Subject: Update on Dallas PTG Convention

> It's not to late! If you are thinking about registering for the
Dallas
> PTG convention, please note that the early registration deadline
(with
> its lower registration fees) has been extended until June 16.

WOW!  I feel less guilty.  I   always believe in "member
friendly".  I registered today and the the person ("just helping
out") who took my info didn't say the deadline had been extended
and I didn't want to say "what about registering late?"

Now with another $60 I think I will book two more nights at the
convention hotel.

Now if the powers that be could just see fit to sell one day, two
day , three day enrollements, and the tons of extra money raised
from that  be applied to discount the full registeration.

If the exhibitors agreed it would be great to see afternoon passes
or one certain afternoon pass  to the exhibit hall offered for a
fee to the public or members of "allied trades"  like piano sales
persons, music store owners, piano teachers, their students with
their parents, highschool band instructors, college music
departments, and your good all American piano affectionado.   RPTs
could give guided tours.  I am sure there are many people in
Dallas who might be very intersted to see exhibits such as Charles
Walter, Franderich, Overs, Wapin, and those that offer accerrories
like piano covers, piano benches, refinishing,  rebuilding, music
racks etc etc.  ----rm

> The convention schedule on July 4 has been arranged so that we
will be
> able to attend the Golden Hammer Banquet and the Kawai concert
and
> reception and still be able to watch the Dallas fireworks
display