take this job and shove it (was let's cut..)

Otto Keyes okeyes@uidaho.edu
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:37:01 -0700

take this job and shove it (was let's cut..)My!  My!  Reality is harsh =
isn't it?!  :-)  Just when I thought we were going to all bleed to death =
as part of the ubiquitous, all-american victim class, from the searing =
heat of Arizona (do I have the proper asu.edu, Rick?), you come to =
CAUTerize the wound.  It was beginning to sound like the morning bitch =
sessions at the union hall before the guys all go file for unemployment =
and another round of coffee, smokes & griping at the local greasy spoon. =
 How quickly we leave behind (if we ever had it) the drive & creativity =
that kept us alive out in the real world, and take on the mentality of =
academia.  Bringing that sort of entrepreneurial approach to an academic =
setting is not always appreciated -- it tends to rock the boat.  Timing =
and tact will be critical as well.  I doubt that you'd have had the same =
success 5-7 years ago, Rolf.  However, you've been able to achieve a =
lot, as have many others across the country, and all are to be =
congratulated.  CAUT is the forum to share that success, as well as the =
attempts that fail, and learn together in the process.  As you said, =
Rick, the faculty (and music admin.) are the key to future & funding.  =
If we can develope a real rapport where they recognize that we help them =
succeed, they will "sing our praise in the city gates".

Otto
  ----- Original Message -----=20