Dampp-Chaser for Bechstein 9'

ANRPiano@aol.com ANRPiano@aol.com
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:25:23 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/2003 3:12:45 PM Central Standard Time,
jtanner@mozart.sc.edu writes:

> Have any of you installed a complete DC system in a Bechstein 9'?  It is
> not among the pianos on Dampp-Chaser's schematics sheet.  The bracing
> system under there is quite busy, and I was just going to be sure there was
> room for two humidifier tanks.  The only model number on this piano I could
> find was "E", but when I looked that model up on the Bechstein web site, it
> was not a 9' piano.  I didn't measure this piano, but it looks in the 9'
> range to me.

Yes, indeed it is an "E".  I put a DC system in one of these several years
ago.  "E" is the designation from a few years back.  My piano was from 1959.  I
went with a double tank and had to hang them under the struts as there was no
room between them.

Andrew Remillard
ANRPiano.com
ANR Piano Service