take this job and shove it (was let's cut..)

Don McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:27:35 -0700

Richard,

Well said regarding the Guidelines. Although our primary role is
supporting education we get to educate as well. The Guidelines and any
future documents are tools we can use to educate administrators and
faculty. Of course most administrators will not be interested in reading
through the entire document. Any presentation should include the results
of the formula and reference to key points that are applicable to your
situation. The CAUT Committee realizes that the Guidelines will not work
for everyone. However, we hope that everyone realizes that it can help
some technicians. Please consider endorsing the document if you have not
already. A page or two of endorsements will help to ensure credibility.

Don