That dadgumed short SD-10

Wed, 07 May 2003 11:01:32 -0500

At 11:38 5/7/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/7/03 10:18:58 AM Central Daylight Time, edoss@utm.edu
>writes:
>
>>It seems to me that we should raise it up at least 1 1/4" so the height
>>of the keys from the floor are the same as the Steinways.
>>Joy!
>>Elwood
>
>You cannot eliminate the bow in the truck. I tried what you whant to do on
>the truck in the concert hall, and it didn't solve the problem. Besides, 1
>1/4" is a lot. I don't think the keybed height can be attributed to the
>bowed truck. I think the Baldwin probably had larger casters when it was
>new, that made the keybed higher. But maybe Baldwin's are lower than
>Steinways. I don't know.
>
>Your suggestion of putting the spacer between the cup and the truck is
>probably the best and easiest solution. However, surgery might be more
>permanent. But if you did that in your shop on the band saw, the clean up
>could be awfully messy.
>
>Wim

I never noticed that lower keybed in our SDs.  Maybe I'll go and throw a
tape measure against them and check!

I have a similar problem here, in that I am replacing the fancy brass
casters on our Hamburger "D" with a stage truck.   The legs are 2 1/2"
shorter than normal to accomodate those honkers.

Here are the spacer blocks I'll be installing.   Yes,  those are recycled
upright plate bolts.

Whaja tink?

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: MVC-016S.JPG
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 47436 bytes
Desc: not available

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public. -Bryan White