That dadgumed short SD-10 (grand truck detail)... part 1

Alan Crane alan.crane@wichita.edu
Wed, 07 May 2003 20:30:46 -0500

 Here are photos of the bracing WSU added to the trucks under its concert
grands.

(This is my first try at attaching photos so if anyone has any helpful  hints
or feedback, please e-mail me privately).

As I said, its pretty simple (if you know a good welder).
The biggest problem is measuring the spread and getting it right so the piano
still fits on the truck after its welded.
The other problem is that the truck is no longer collapsable.  If the piano
is broken down and moved elsewhere, you can't just fold the truck arms
together and roll it though doorways.  Its still portable... it just takes
2-3 people who don't complain much.         :)

We have three of these, so far.
I'll put photos of each in seperate postings so the downloads won't be so
massive.

This one is a Steinway-D.  The bracing material is 1/2" steel, 3.5" wide.
It has been in service over 30 years.
--
Regards,

Alan B. Crane, RPT