harp regulation

Tunapianer@aol.com Tunapianer@aol.com
Thu, 8 May 2003 17:25:27 EDT

Just out of curiosity, are there any CAUTs who do harp regulation?

Our institution has three harps which were regulated recently.  The
instructor was telling me what was involved - basically, re-felting the
pedals, replacing the bass strings (they lose their resonance, I suppose they
get like "tubby"), and fine-tuning all the flats, naturals, and sharps.
Seems like an ETD could help with that last part just fine.  He used a
strobotuner.

And from just casually looking over the instrument, it looked like there
wouldn't be too many specialized tools involved.

Has anyone ever been to Lyon & Healy for training, or know anyone who has?

My apologies, if there's a separate listserv somewhere out there for
harps.....

Regards,

Greg Soule
Pensacola, FL