Schaff Tuning Levers - slap tuning

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Fri, 07 Nov 2003 08:45:06 -0800

At 07:44 AM 11/7/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>For pitch raises, a larger jerk right to pitch works most of the time,
>unless circumstances seem to dictate a quick jerk down first

Yes, the longer the piano has sat untouched, the more important it is to
make that little nudge downwards as the first motion. The smallest tap or
push that is convenient, just enough to get the pitch to change. I do that
with most tuning, with or without the slap, on the first pass.

Does it seem to you that, even though we are on CAUT, we're dealing with
elementary topics here? Never mind, it doesn't hurt to go over things again.

Susan