[Experts] Steinway New York vs Hamburg

Mary Smith marysmith@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:56:27 -0600

Wim,

OK, you want opinion? Here's mine...they're both excellent pianos. Made by
a superb company with a long history. The NY sound is "growly," full, lots
of fundamental with pretty sparkle in the treble. The Hamburg sound is
lighter, more "crystalline," less fundamental, more high partials. Both
beautiful in their own way. Which is a "better" car - Jaguar or Mercedes?
Depends who's driving, and what they want and expect. Either one is going
to deliver a hell of a ride. It's all subjective. My 2 cents...

Mary Smith