Statistics for Dampp-Chaser in Universities

Garret E. Traylor traylorg@equaltemperament.com
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:36:06 -0500

I can hardly imagine a circumstance where a piano would not benefit from a
Damp-Chaser System (except when they are not plugged in). Just the benefit
of extending time between tunings and pitch stability is worth the expense.
Then of course there is the benefit for the student and teacher, extending
the life of the piano: soundboard, case etc...

Perhaps developing a section on the CAUT site on humidity would be in order?
Perhaps we can generate a amended list of Survey Questions to update on the
CAUT Website?

I think that I can create a web based survey but it might be after the first
of the year.  Amending our current list of questions would be first order.
If you all think it would help.

Kindest Regards,

Garret Traylor
garret@highpointpiano.com