bobbling hammers, again

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:06:38 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/03 3:58:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
ed440@mindspring.com writes:

> Wim-
>
> Along with what Jeff is saying, check (feel) if the nap of the buckskin is
> reversed, or if the backcheck head is slightly loose on the wire.  Also
> check the
> bottom edge and corners of the hammer; just a slight touch with a sandpaper
> file
> to remove a sharp corner might make it work.

I am going to look at the wire, to make sure it is tight in the key. I will
also look at the nap of the buckskin. I have already sanded the bottom edge of
the tail to remove the sharp edge.

> Are you making a laminated checklist of all these suggestions?   You could
> teach a
> class next year.   Or sell the list.  ;-)

I am saving all the suggestions for future references. I don't know if I will
have enough material to teach a full class, but maybe a mini class. As with
all educational material, the information will be free for the asking. :)

Wim