piano class

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:54:23 EST

In a message dated 10/27/03 11:21:59 AM Central Standard Time,=20
jim_busby@byu.edu writes:

> I hate to say I told you so, but=E2=80=A6
>=20
>  =20
>=20
> When we first started talking about a course I stated that it was a long,=20
> sometimes difficult process with many possible snags and you seemed to be=20=
a=20
> little short with me and then listed the lengthy =E2=80=9Cprocess=E2=80=
=9D of getting a class=20
> on the roster. If you didn=E2=80=99t listen to me then, please listen now.=
 The way to=20
> get a course approved is to secure the highest ranking tenured person you=20=
can=20
> to champion the cause. Period. If you do that, then your chances are prett=
y=20
> good. You, of all people should know the game of politics involved. I=E2=
=80=99m your=20
> friend, not your adversary. This is one thing I do have experience in. =20
>=20
> =20
>=20
> Good luck,
>=20
>  Jim Busby BYU
>=20
>=20

Jim

Thank you for the valued advice, and I thought I took it. I did talk to the=20
highest ranking graduate professor. She is a piano professor who's been in t=
his=20
department since 1953. How "high" can you get? When I talked to her about th=
e=20
course, she said it was a great idea. I also discussed it with several other=
=20
professors, including all of the other piano professors, and they all though=
t=20
it was a great idea. But maybe that's the side of college politics I don't=20
understand yet.=20

Any way, I'm going to try again, and discuss it with each one of them again.=
=20
But I would like to have some figures to back me up this time.

Wim=20