Pinning and Tone

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:53:10 EST

Richard writes:

<< To review what some seem to be saying over the past few weeks, does all
this mean
I'm going to have to repin all new Steinway flanges?  Worse yet, do I have to
weigh
off new actions because the factory weigh off was done with loose pinning? >>

Depending on what level of refinement you would like, yes,and yes, ,<sigh>

Huge improvements can be made to a brand new one, the tech just has to hand
fit all the parts after delivery.  It helps to wait until the action has
several months of playing, first.

Ed Foote RPT
 <A HREF="http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/399/six_degrees_of_tonality.html">
MP3.com: Six Degrees of Tonality</A>