benches

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:22:25 -0600

Esteemed colleagues:

I'm sure our problem with benches disappearing is not unique to=
 our school.  Many years ago Danny Boone, who was at Baylor at=
 that time, attached a bench to each piano with a small length of=
 chain.  It seemed to work for a while, but I don't have any=
 recent history on this.  Unfortunately also, Danny is no longer=
 with us.  Does anybody have any experience with chaining benches=
 to piano?  or does anyone have any other ideas on keeping the=
 benches in practice rooms and classrooms?

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University