New shop

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:47:24 -0500

Jim, there's actually a big thick book The Workshop Book by Scott Landis
that came out about two years ago on the subject.  There are others.
Visit Fine Woodworking's site.

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Jim Busby
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 1:57 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: New shop

List,

I'm currently planning my rebuilding "dream shop" at my home. Can anyone
refer me to articles or books that might give me ideas to look at? It
will be aprox. 1000 sq. ft. and hopefully be done this fall/winter.
Currently I have a small, efficient shop (200 ft.) where I do action
work and key work, etc. and the new shop will be in addition to this.

Does anyone have the "ideal" shop (if it exists) or know of one worth
investigating?

I have definite ideas, but your input will be greatly appreciated,
especially pertaining to layout, i.e.; floor plan.

Regards,
Jim Busby