Tuning Steinway Verticals

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:27:39 -0500

Hi-

I've often wondered about all the complaints regarding tuning those
things.  I just typically allow a little extra time if there is any pitch
adj. at all.....and just do it.   But then,  as a lefty- maybe there is
something I missed.  Not entirely convinced however.  I've always
attributed the wrestling with them to the more substantial bearing on the
wire.  I do know there is something to having a attitude about it.  Who is
the boss anyway?  It's only a piano.  Don't let them beat you.  Go in
there, kick some piano butt, and show it who is in charge.  They will
respect you more after.

good luck-

dennis johnson