Tuning Steinway Verticals

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:11:33 -0700

At 01:43 PM 9/16/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Don't ask me... my tunings still sound worse than what was on the piano
>beforehand- and I'm not ashamed to say so.

I've struggled with ONE 1098 for 3+ hours (sweating profusely all the
while) to try to avoid having this happen -- and it was a close thing.

I can't imagine dealing with a whole covey, herd, flock, whatever of them,
day after day. I suppose in the end one learns what they will and won't do.

I find an impact hammer makes tuning them less agonizing -- still
agonizing, mind, but less so than trying to use my standard technique on them.

Susan