Bluthner Question

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:19:36 +0200

Susan Kline wrote:

> At 12:34 AM 9/18/2003 +0200, you wrote:
> >The one I sevice needs an octave up on the 4th... I like to set them
> >just a tad sharp... seems to sound better to my ear. I believe some
> >Bluthners have a different arrangement for the extra string.  You might
> >drop them a line
> >
> >RicB
>
> The Blüthners I've tuned have had the fourth string as a unison. How
> old were yours, Ric?

Glad you caught that Susan... was just about to correct that myself when
this came in.  Dont know where my head was at when I wrote that. Got to
thinking about it and of course that cant be... the top notes would be
ridiculously difficult.  :):)

They are in unison with the regular strings. This is a fairly young
Bluthner.

> Susan

Thanks Susan :)

Cheers