Gina Carter

Garland O. Goodwin garland@main.nc.us
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 05:07:21 -0500

CAUT group
I just received the following post from Garland Goodwin, one of my
fellow Western Carolinas chapter members. He in turn received it from
Jeff Owens of the Charlotte chapter. Neither of these people are
subscribed to CAUT or pianotech, to my knowledge. I'm not subscribed
to pianotech and cannot blind post there. Would someone who is a
subscriber please pass this on? Thanks!

Jim Harvey
PS: The last I heard about Gina involved her slow recovery from a
car accident, and finding cancer as a byproduct of related procedures
to that accident. At that time, I was under the impression that the
cancer had been "caught" in time, so this took me totally off guard.

[begin forward]
Message from Jeff Owens says it all. best, G. [Garland Goodwin] -jh-

Fellow PTG Members,

It's a sad day in the Carolinas today. On the way home, I was informed
that Gina Carter died. You know that she had been battling Kidney
Cancer for sometime now and her fight ended today. The family ask that
there be no phone calls, however, cards can be sent to Gina's home
address listed in the PTG directory and you can email her family at
JDOvercash@aol.com. A memorial service will be held on Saturday at
"The Great Aunt Stella Center" in Charlotte, 926 Elizabeth Ave,
Charlotte, 28204. The Telephone number at the Stella Center is 704 944
6000. The time of the memorial service is tentatively scheduled for
1:00pm. But, that could change. The Stella Center is just off I-277 a
couple of blocks up from Central Piedmont Community College. I'll
email more information as I receive it. If you have questions, you may
also call me at 704 393 9074. I may not know all the answers, but I
can direct you to someone who does.

Jeff [Owens] -jh-
[end forward]