Intro to piano technology for Master Class

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:49:15 -0500

MessagePhil-

The PTG Home Office has a booklet "Presenting Programs to Teachers."
It has outlines of about 15 different talks, easily modified for your =
purposes.
It's a great starting point for anyone who has to give a talk about =
pianos.

Ed Sutton
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Phil Romano=20
  To: CAUT@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 9:49 AM
  Subject: Intro to piano technology for Master Class

  Hi List,

  I have been asked by the Chairman of the Music Dept. to give a short =
talk to the Master Piano Class. I envision this not as an intro to =
working ON pianos so much as a class about their working WITH pianos. So =
many young pianists seem to  know very little about what it takes to =
service their instrument of choice. I thought I'd keep it extremely =
basic. I've got some action models and very good literature etc.. but =
I'd like to get ideas from more experienced CAUTs as to what you think I =
should cover.

  Any thoughts are most appreciated.

  Thanks,

  Phil Romano