Steinway B buzz

Bill Maxim wmaxim@sc.rr.com
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:09:14 -0400

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 11:21 AM
  Subject: Re: Steinway B buzz

    Vince
   Oddly,  It say so right on it
     Dale Erwin
    Oh, that's what you call that piece. =20

    Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:=20
             The "Pulsator" on a B of this age could easily be loose. It =
is doweled to the 5 ribs & also elevated off of them by shims, but don't =
ask why. In my practice they are frequently not very tight. This is a =
strong possibility for your buzz.
         Dale Erwin=20

    Vince Mrykalo
    University of Utah