Steinway B buzz

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:57:22 EDT

In a message dated 7/8/2004 7:11:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wmaxim@sc.rr.com writes:

Dale--how do you remedy the loose pulsator situation--pry it loose if it
will come, and glue it back?  Now that I've written that, it seems  like a stupid
question, but any suggestions are welcome (except "you're a  dummy!").  The
pulsator is so hidden behind a confluence of  beams that getting it loose and
glued back seems quite a challenge.

Bill Maxim
Maxim Piano Service
(803) 732-9225 - Cell (803)  609-4761
_wmaxim@sc.rr.com_ (mailto:wmaxim@sc.rr.com)

Hi Bill
    NO dummy here, uhh, I think. I like the super glue idea.  It might be an
easier repair if the piano was on it's side, if you know what I  mean. The
pulsators are usually quite tight on the dowels even if no glue is  really
holding them.
   Dale Erwin

Erwins Pianos  Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357
209-577-8397
Rebuilt  Steinway , Mason &Hamlin  Sales
www.Erwinspiano.com