scam messages -- caut related?

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:28:31 -0700

At 11:44 PM 7/20/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Well, you've been lucky so far.  Many of us get that message, along
>with other spam, at a breathtaking rate.  Spam filters help, but
>some amount always gets through before the filters can react.
>
>Anything sent through the CAUT list itself would show up in the
>list archives at: https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/caut.php/ so if you
>suspect some spam has come to you through the list, you can check
>there.
<snip>

Thanks, Andy. That's all very helpful. I guess I have been lucky that
it's not worse. I tossed another 8 or so of what I call the "Nigeria"
letters (though one today was an "Oman") when I collected mail today.
Do you really think that there's anybody out there still innocent
(and greedy) enough to bite at any of those letters? It's mind-boggling.

Susan