Mobile workbench ideas

Brad Smith brad@smithpiano.com
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 09:11:31 -0400

Hello All,
I'm searching for either the plans or the product for a mobile workbench, to
form
the nerve center of my shopwork.  I want to be able to take some action work
home, and use
gaps in my schedule to put time into action projects, without having to go
to my shop.

A bench that could roll in and out of a van, seems like the way to go.

Any ideas?

It needs to:
-Accomodate a typical grand action, i.e. 52"-60" wide
-Be about 28"-36" in depth
-Be about 30"-36" in height
-Be on wheels, so I can get it in and out of a van quickly

Would be nice if:
-It could form the 'nucleus' of my shop work, by holding most action
rebuilding tools & parts.
-I didn't have to spend a month obsessing over it, as is my usual habit with
projects like this.

I'll probably need to design and build it myself, but just thought maybe
someone else has
already invented this wheel before ??

Thanks!

Best Regards,