out my office window

McNeilTom@aol.com McNeilTom@aol.com
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:26:59 EDT

Hey, Mark!

Cool photos!  I haven't seen anything like that since moving from the Midwest
years ago - and I've never known anyone who got such good pics of a tornado.

In Vermont we very seldom get that kind of weather.  However, a couple years
ago I was in a miniature twister while fishing on the Winooski River here.  I
heard a big commotion in the woods across the river then saw some branches
getting broken from the trees.  The mini-twister was headed directly for me and
turned into a small waterspout as it crossed the hundred-foot wide trout
stream.  It seemed too small to be dangerous - and anyway, I was already in the
"safest" spot, the river bottom.  So I stood and watched in amazement as the thing
lifted off my hat, which I eventually found a hundred yards away!  I hope
your twister left you equally entertained and unscathed!

- Tom McNeil -
Vermont Piano Restorations