open forum

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:29:12 -0600

Hi Wim,
	If you are referring to the CAUT open forum, there is a list of topics to
be covered in the newsletter (which is on the web page, if your hard copy
has disappeared). I'll mention two items briefly:
1) salaries for caut's - Jeff Tanner has collected some data and produced a
report (for his own purposes), and we'll look at that and try to organize a
collective effort to collect such data on a national scope.
2) communication with the academic community - Don Mckechnie has been
working on a plan to attend, have a booth, and present at the College Music
Society meeting. We'll talk about that.
	And there are a couple other topics, and items are welcome "from the
floor." It will be informal, as always, but not just a random bull session.
	I hope many of you will attend that session, as well as the three other
caut sponsored periods (also described in the newsletter, and in the
convention brochure).
Regards,
Fred Sturm