string breakage

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:56:22 -0400

Wim-
Yes, looping, not winding...
What you need is steel piano wire, which is much stronger than harpsichord wire.  Order from Schaff, p. 79, size 7 or 8.
Ed S.

To: ed440@mindspring.com
Sent: 6/25/2004 9:38:46 AM
Subject: Re: string breakage

In a message dated 6/25/04 6:09:12 AM Central Daylight Time, ed440@mindspring.com writes:
..meanwhile, this guy is trying to put strings on an _autoharp_.
Not, I suspect, a very high tension scale.  But he's winding his own
strings, not using store bought autoharp strings.
So I'm gonna guess he's using harpsichord wire.....Wim?

Ed S.

Yes, I am using h'chord strings. Just set the record straight, I'm not winding my own string, just using my fingers to make a loop for the hitch pin.

It has been very interesting reading Fred's post on strings.

Thanks

Wim