Gratuities & concert tuning

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:52:08 +0100

In Radio France the pianos are tuned each day, sometime twice a day or
more. Indee dthose are more little tweaks or simply verifying that the
tone is good.

We did not notice that too much tuning was not good to the instruments
but indeed often hardlin the tunin pins themselves are moved then.

When it comes to action regulation, indeed unqualified operation may
be prejudiciable, but having the opportunity to do what is necessary
when it is necessary is in my opinion a very good thing for the
instruments.

For the tuning, the main problem I've meet was too much difference in
approach from different techs. With time, and as stone hard settling
install, the most loosy ones simply avoid touching the tuning too much
!

Eurocts !

Isaac OLEG