Prepared Piano Guidelines

Alan Crane alan.crane@wichita.edu
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 17:57:08 -0600

At 02:40 PM 3/2/04, Dennis Johnson, RPT wrote:
>Is the tape still available that was put together maybe 10 years ago on
>this?   Can't remember who did that, but it was a good job.  I meant to get
>a copy for the library here.

Hi Dennis,

Almost a year ago, Alan McCoy, RPT from Eastern Washington U. posted the
following on the CAUT list.
It would be pretty easy to contact Alan Edar at Cal-Arts to see whether or
not its still available.

Hi folks,

To anyone interested in purchasing this video on non-traditional piano use:

Make out a check for $44.00 ($40.00 for the video and $4.00 for s/h) to
"CalArts Piano Shop" and mail it to:

Alan Eder
School of Music
California Institute of the Arts
24700 W. McBean Parkway
Valencia, CA 91355

"Non-Traditional Piano Use" is a 35 minute video primer with the aim of
guiding people in exploring the extended sound world of the piano and doing
so in ways that are piano-friendly.  It was made in 1994 by Alan Eder,
R.P.T. of the CalArts Piano Shop and Dave Cerf of the CalArts School of Film
and Video.

Alan

Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University