Scheduling, etc.

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:58:33 EST

As I mentioned earlier, we have a ROOMZ scheduling program that our former
chair developed. I would look at this site frequently to see when concerts are
scheduled, and then schedule tunings accordingly. It has worked pretty good,
except that there were concerts where the piano was used that I wasn't told
about it. Most of the time it wasn't that important, but there were a couple of
times I was embarrassed.

In the fall the school hired a new theory professor who also a computer guru.
He has made a very important change in the program. Now, whenever someone
wants to use a room, including all classrooms, as well as the performance halls,
the user has to indicate if they want to use the piano. They HAVE to do this.
If they do not indicate if they want to use the piano, the request doesn't
even go through. Then, when the room request is made, and they indicate they want
to use the piano, a message is automatically sent to me. I then look at the
room they want to use, and find a time to tune the piano. Basically, it has
eliminated the last minute request to get the piano tuned. (Ironically, when I
request a time to tune the piano, I also have to ask if I want to use the
piano.)

Life is getting better here in Alabama.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT