piano purchase

Jim Harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 21:20:30 -0500

Hello Wim,

Wac> I thought I would tell you about our piano purchase odyssey.

Wac> I asked for, and got bids for four medium sized grand pianos (Petrof, Yamaha,
Wac> Boston and  Kawai, with an old decrepit Steinway L for trade). Since we could
Wac> afford any of the of the pianos, we all agreed that we were going to pick the
Wac> best piano for the school regardless of price.

<snip>

Wim, this is painted with a pretty big brush. Since Yamaha and Kawai
make at least four different model series, and to my knowledge Boston
and Petrof do not, could you home in on it a little more by providing
models?

Did all the dealers know you were coming, so that each of the pianos
could be prepared or at least tuned? (I know that's wishful thinking,
but thought I'd throw it in).

--
Regards,
 Jim                            mailto:harvey@greenwood.net