Kroeger grand action

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:16:30 -0700

Greg,
=20
How about some pictures? It sounds interesting.
Thanks
=20
Jim Busby
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Greg Granoff
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 11:41 AM
To: CAUT
Subject: Kroeger grand action
=20
List,
Anybody know anything about a domestic grand action under the Kroeger
name from (I assume) the first half of the 20th century that had jacks
with an extra articulation built into the vertical portion under the
knuckle?  At a recent chapter meeting, a local tech who is relatively
new to the business described seeing this action and being completely at
sea as to how it might be regulated and what the premise of the unusual
design was.  There is apparently a spoon projecting from the front face
of the jack just above the articulation that contacts its very own
regulating screw button sitting above the standard one for the jack
tongue.  After thinking about it, I sort of theorized that this feature
changes the jack's relationship to the underside of the knuckle by
altering the angle that the jack top faces the knuckle after
escapement--perhaps making return to playing position easier(?)  I've
never seen or heard of this beast, and was hoping someone could shed
some light on it.
Thanks,
Greg
=20