(no subject)

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:41:36 -0800

Wim,
I would consider this in direct violation, especially since all of your
other abbreviations indicate a category of achievement. This is an
example of the exact sort of thing to be avoided.  No one outside of PTG
would understand what CTE or Certified Tuning Examiner means in this
context.

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Wimblees@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 2:08 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: (no subject)

In a message dated 3/17/04 2:39:01 PM Central Standard Time,
kswafford@earthlink.net writes:

I find myself in disagreement with Wim over his use of the acronym CTE
on a web site, since this use clearly implies a credential. Implying a
credential was just the sort of use we intended to strongly discourage.

This is what my web site says. (I composed it)

Willem Blees, Piano technician.

BS. Ed. Northern Illinois University. MS Mus. Ed University of Illinois.
Registered Piano Technician (RPT) and Certified Tuning Examiner (CTE) in
the Piano Technicians Guild (PTG). Served on the PTG Board of Directors
as Central West Regional Vice President from 1985 - 87. Instructor at
numerous PTG sponsored seminars and technical institutes. Avid handbell
player, composer and arranger and conductor. Piano technician at the
University of Alabama since 2001.

Is this wrong?

Wim