Kawai heavy action

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:12:43 +0100

fssturm@unm.edu wrote:

>Hi all,
>   Thanks for a great array of responses. Now I'm so confused, I don't know what
>to do <g>. But seriously, it's great to have such a range of approaches, based on
>a variety of experiences, to consider when deciding on a course of action.
>Thanks again,
>Fred Sturm
>University of New Mexico

Grin... I can relate.  But you will no doubt find a solution.  I would
like to offer the following bits of thought.

1.  You can always start by doing the easy stuff... Mclube the balance
rail and front rail pins... and in general do what you can for friction
and regulation issues to see how far that takes you.
2.  Before you get into moving any parts, or changing weights... do a
quick 10 key sample using Stanwood measurements. That can tell you a lot.
3.  Dont move the geometry of the action around unless you have done the
above.

Good luck... and I am sure we others would be interested in hearing what
you end up deciding on.

Cheers
RicB