Loose tuning hammer tip

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Thu, 6 May 2004 08:21:24 +0200

I use a piece of Teflon tape like the one used by plumbers, to have a
tighter fit.

It is easy to change and, even it the fit is not as tight as with a
perfect thread (I can feel the piece of tape a little) , it does not
unscrew no more.

Loctite may work and have more than one quality.

Isaac OLEG

e : caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]De la part de
Brad Smith
Envoye : jeudi 6 mai 2004 00:31
A : caut@ptg.org
Objet : Loose tuning hammer tip

Hello List,

Any suggestions on how to keep a tuning tip from constantly working
loose?  I just started using an extension hammer after 23 years with a
one-piece
Yamaha hammer.   The extension is GREAT, and I've wrapped it with cork
tape from a bicycle shop, to pad the handle.  Only problem is the tip
keeps
working itself loose throughout the day.    I guess I want to be able
remove it if the need arises, or I would  have epoxied it
together.....

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best regards,

Brad Smith