McLube on keybeds (Was Re: [CAUT] Teaching Piano Tuning)

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:59:02 -0800

Well in 20 years when your gone from Alabama the next tech will=
 have to clean up all the graphite crap you have applied to all=
 the pianos...GREAT   ;-[
I really thought we had pretty much gone beyond that inferior=
 lubricant...

David I.

From: <Wimblees@aol.com>
To: <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: McLube on keybeds (Was Re: [CAUT] Teaching Piano=
 Tuning)

In a message dated 11/13/04 4:38:01 PM Central Standard Time,=
 McNeilTom@aol.com writes:
Greetings, Colleagues -

I, for one, do not appreciate the use of graphite on the glide=
 bolts or shift iron or keybed .  Inevitably, some of that #%@!=
 ends up on my pants!

- Tom McNeil -
Vermont Piano Restorations
So just because you are sloppy, it's no good for use in the=
 piano?

I use spray graphite. It's much cleaner, and unless you point it=
 at your pants, it goes where you spray it.

Wim