[CAUT] Cleaning Grand Covers

Keith Kopp keith_kopp@byu.edu
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:48:43 -0700

I took such a cover to our campus cleaners and requested it to be
cleaned. It came back several inches smaller. I am not sure if they dry
cleaned or just washed it. But beware. It was almost an impossible fit
at first and is still very tight.
Keith Kopp
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Wimblees@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 10:50 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Cleaning Grand Covers
=20
In a message dated 11/17/04 10:54:43 AM Central Standard Time,
dempsey@marshall.edu writes:
	Lists,
	=20
	I've got a couple of 9 foot quilted padded/canvas covers that
are in desperate need of cleaning. Dry clean or BIG industrial washing
machine?
	=20
	What, if anything, can you advise?  What do you do with these?
	=20
	Thanks,
	=20
	PD
I'm about to ask for a new one. The one on our older D in the concert
hall is so torn up, the whole bass end is gone.=20
=20
I think a Dry Cleaner shouldbe able to clean something that big. But I
think they will charge a pretty penny, though.
=20
Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano tuner/technician