[CAUT] Damp chaser table

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:37:17 -0700

Otto,

This is in his personal studio so I'm trying to figure out a way to do
it w/o making it look too bad. His organ is a work of art, with
wonderful hand carved wood and all. The harpsichord sits at the side of
the room and is also quite nice looking. Nice studio in all. Maybe form
and function will once again collide.

Thanks,
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Otto Keyes
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 5:22 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Damp chaser table

I was going to suggest a collapsible box for hpschd storage.  Sounds
complicated, but it's not.  However, the cover idea could be simpler &
much
more effective.  I would construct a frame over the instrument & make
the
cover of material which would breath, but slow down the wicking of
moisture
to the rest of the room -- sort of a tent that could be partially
withdrawn
for playing.  This would allow the humidity access to the whole of the
instrument, not just the bottom.

Otto