[CAUT] Damp chaser table

Mary Smith marysmith@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:54:25 -0600

Hi Jim,

I tend to agree with those who have advised you to get a room humidifier.
Easier, cheaper, helps the expensive organ too. Also, though I guess low RH
is more of a problem than high RH in your neck of the woods, what about
Moisture-Sorb? I have had good luck with one packet sitting in my
harpsichord here at home - though Austin's RH has been pretty high
recently, the tuning has held comparatively well. You could install a
couple packs in the pipe chamber of the organ as well. Another idea to try....

Mary Smith