[CAUT] A-395 -- centsless

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:25:10 -0500

At 18:04 10/1/2004, you wrote:
>What a bummer!   After all the hassle my smiley faces & fancy do-dads just
>turned into a bunch of capital J's & plain text.  Maybe it was just
>self-fulfilling prophecy.  In any case, from this point on I shall shun any
>form of digital enlightenment & go back to the old LCD (lowest common
>denominator) New Age philoshophy:  Ignorance=Bliss=Nirvana -- & revel in it!
>:-)
>
>Otto

You are probably (hopefully) set to send messages to the list in text
only.  Not all machines have the same sets of special characters, so that
is best anyway.

Fancy fonts come in like ?,  *, empty squares or various other garbage,
depending on the computer's mood.

As they say, stick to the basicß.

Conręd