[CAUT] Thumbtacks in hammers!

Daniel Gurnee dgurnee@humboldt1.com
Fri, 08 Oct 2004 08:35:46 -0700

Humboldt State University has performed works requiring a Cimbalom type
sound which I provided not with tacks but staples.  A light sound can be
obtained using paper straples and a heavies sound with shop staples.  The
staples are placed at the crown of the hammer crosswise and clamped to the
sides.  The impact on playing keeps the staple in place and does no damage
to the hammer.

Daniel Gurnee, RPT retired from HSU