[CAUT] Re: Tacks in Hammers

James Ellis claviers@nxs.net
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:01:16 -0400

I have been reading this ongoing exchange.  This is disgusting, and I do
NOT mean the technicians who have to put up with it.  I mean the people
doing it and asking for it.  Thumbtacks in the hammers - screws wedged
between the strings - and things like that.

If they want stuff like that, why don't they do something like my son and I
did some 25 years ago.  We recorded one of his "pieces of music" (#?!*@&!)
played on an old upright with a split back and busted plate.  It was a real
hoot!  The piano was ready for the junk pile anyway.

But to take a fine piano and bugger it up by poking it full of junk is too
much.  Don't our universities have better things to do?

Jim Ellis