[CAUT] Bid specs on rebuild

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:17:20 EDT

In a message dated 10/15/2004 8:03:29 PM Central Standard Time,
edoss@utm.edu writes:

Hey Guys,
We are preparing to bid out the complete rebuild  of two Steinway Bs.  I have
put together a bid spec sheet but was  wondering if any of you had one you
could attach to use as comparison?  I  don't think I left anything out, but
don't want to be too specific  either.  Any help would be much appreciated.  BTW,
I'm all for  sending them out on bid for these rebuilds.
Joy!
Elwood

Elwood
It's understandable that you need to send out bids, but who will make the
final decision as to who gets to do the work, you, with the know how on
evaluating the bid, or the bean counters, who only look at the bottom line?  Also,
will you have any input as to who gets to submit the bids in the first  place,
or, again, is the purchasing department just picking names from the phone  book?

Wim
Willem Blees,  RPT
Piano Technician
School of Music